Advice for parents with children with Dyslexia
1. Traditional methods of learning, built mostly on improving the weaknesses are dyslectics inefficient, while those based on their strengths are successful.
2. Use photos, pictures, shapes, charts and other visual tools for learning.
3. Do not rush to resolve all the difficulties and emotional disorders caused by dyslexia, even the best methods will lead to better results.
4. If you suddenly make up any gaps using only one of the best methods is likely to cause more trouble than benefit.
5. Significant progress can be made with reasonable accumulation of small achievements. It is better to teach less, but deeper than many, but superficial.
6. The less information is available on the figure, the possibility to be remembered is greater.
7. With regard to the selection and retention of information from dyslectics essential it is to be presented on one page. When the topic is more complex, its parts must be submitted on separate pages.
8. To promote the understanding and remembering information given is very important that it be displayed - presented a drawing, drawings, maps and etc. Our knowledge in many ways a product of our imagination, based on pictures. Dyslectics are very good in this respect.
9. Another way to multi-channel learning is differentiated using auditory canal or hearing. The material may be associated with different ringtones. Poems can be more easily remember the background music.
10. An understanding of a concept can be supported not only by paintings, but also of movements. For the dyslectics try to do something actually helps to clarify the concept. During the activities, data will become familiar knowledge through touch and movement.
11. Difficulty of arithmetic may be offset by visually performance. Can be counted as a benefit: fingers, the face of an analog clock, ruler or other aids.
12. If possible, can be used for cassette recorder or recording. After dictation the teacher can help students write the text. You will not be assessed writing and content.
13. Discover the rules of associations that will help eliminate frequent errors. If you remember the correct spelling of a word by a group that can help correct spelling of the other.
14. Upon cursory reading, it is important to focus attention primarily on visual elements highlighted in the text. Can help figures, diagrams, paintings, photographs, subtitles, highlighted text and words.
15. Use different types of reading:
Cursory reading: daily press materials particularly important letters.
Scan reading menus, web content, search movie timetables.
Literal reading instruction, magazines, novels, poems, important letters.
16. Dyslectics In the most important part of learning is the extraction of total idea of â€‹â€‹the material.
17. Learning must begin with a summary of the material. Much easier to gain an idea for a picture of its parts, if your pre- aware of what it is, rather than guessing what applies by its small parts.
18. Dyslectics can be successfully presented at the trial if: